- To send representative(s) to the Council meetings of the British Copyright Council (BCC) and the Creators' Rights Alliance (CRA). The representative(s) have the duty to report back to the committee either in writing or in person to keep the committee informed of all proceedings at all times.
- To liaise with all trade-organisations, societies and lobby groups working with and for creators of images that are used and created for the commercial market place.
- To recommend that contracts extended by commissioning companies or individuals are in keeping/in line with the spirits, intent and letter of the law as stated in the 1988 Copyright Designs and Patents Act
- To propose appropriate action to Boards of member organisations when the committee sees fit.
- To develop a stock image policy and recommended standards of management that can be proposed to the Boards of member organisations.